A community of practice on philanthropy in the UQ academic network
Our Executive Director, Élise Comtois, is pleased to work with foundation leaders from the Université du Québec network, which includes the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS). Their most recent meeting, the first face-to-face gathering since the pandemic, was held in Quebec City on May 31 and June 1.
In addition to the INRS Foundation, ten organizations are at the table:
- Université du Québec and its development fund
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Montréal
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Fondation de l’Université du Québec en Outaouais
- The development fund of the École nationale de l’administration publique
- The development fund of the École de technologie supérieure
- The TÉLUQ development fund.
The group meets twice a year to discuss the evolution of the sector and the various issues affecting philanthropic development in the academic setting, as well as best and emerging practices to support the growing needs of higher education and research throughout Quebec.
“It is a very open community, people are generous and want all components of the University of Quebec to succeed and develop thanks to a vibrant philanthropic culture. The exchanges are always stimulating and useful, especially for a small start-up organization like ours. It’s invaluable and I’m very grateful to my colleagues for sharing their wisdom with the group,” says Élise Comtois.
In addition to sharing their practices and experiences, the group plans to join forces to help finance promising projects for the network’s institutions. A story to follow.