Mr. Kevin Mejo completes our Board of Directors
The Board Chair of the INRS Foundation, Ms. Martine Vanasse, is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Kevin Mejo as our thirteenth director. This addition completes the Board of Directors of the Foundation, which was established in May 2020 and registered as a charitable organization in May 2021.
A pharmacist, Mr. Mejo is Assistant Head of Market Access at JAMP Pharma Group, a Canadian generic drug manufacturer based in Boucherville. He holds a bachelor’s and a master’s degrees in pharmacy from the Université de Montréal, as well as a graduate diploma in drug development and a certificate in financial management. Recognized for his involvement to the community, he is also a member of the executive committee of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations and an ambassador for Leadership Montreal’s Group of Thirty.
“I welcome Mr. Mejo to a diverse Board of Directors comprised of thirteen business and philanthropic leaders, INRS graduates and institutional appointees. Together, they govern the affairs of the Foundation in a rigorous and transparent manner, inspiring the confidence of our diverse stakeholders. The networks of our volunteer directors are also put to work to promote and support the Institut national de la recherche scientifique.”
— Ms. Martine Vanasse, Chair of the Board
Three committees reporting to the Board of Directors have also been established to oversee and support the Foundation’s activities in philanthropic development and alumni relations: Governance and Ethics, Audit and Finance, and Development and Outreach.
The Board of Directors of the INRS Foundation is composed of:
- Ms. Martine Vanasse, General Manager and Chief Compliance Officer, PSP Investments – Chair
- Mr. Luc-Alain Giraldeau*, Executive Director, INRS – Secretary
- Ms. Anne-Pascale Richardson (Ph.D. Biology 2009), Program Manager, AquaHacking – Treasurer
- Ms. Cynthia Bélanger, Vice-President, Development, Business Transfer and Financing, Desjardins – Director
- Mr. Guillaume Côté (M.Sc. Urban Studies 2002, and Ph.D. Urban Studies 2007), Senior Director of Strategic Development, Mission Systems, Collins Aerospace – Director
- Ms. Mylany David, Partner, Langlois Avocats – Director
- Mr. Claude Guertin*, Acting Scientific Director, INRS – Director
- Mr. Olivier Joyal, Business Line Manager, Environment, Executive Vice-President, WSP – Director
- Mr. Étienne Lyrette (M.Sc. Urban Studies 2003, and Ph.D. Urban Studies 2010), Assistant to the General Manager and Director, Strategic Planning and Government Affairs, Société de transport de Montréal – Director
- Mr. Kevin Mejo, Assistant Manager, Market Access, JAMP Pharma Group – Director
- Ms. Catherine Thibault, Director, Public Affairs and Global Communications, CAE – Director
- Mr. Benoit Turcotte, Partner, U.S. Tax, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton – Director
- Ms. Sue Wehner, President and Founder, Med-Script – Director
Asterisk denotes ex-officio members appointed by INRS.
The INRS Foundation team is proud to work with such capable and committed directors and thanks each and every one of them for their invaluable support.