Many members of the scientific community of the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) responded to our second call for proposals that closed on June 1st. At the end of the evaluation process, no less than eight new initiatives were selected by our qualification committee composed of INRS representatives.
In accordance with the INRS donation acceptance policy, research projects must be qualified by the INRS qualification committee to be included in the Foundation’s philanthropic solicitation portfolio. The committee met in late August to deliberate on the initiatives proposed by our researchers and selected eight projects:
- Mapping of fermentable waste in Quebec
- Research chair in Family health, Perinatal and Parenting
- Proof of concept for the development of an instantaneous and non-invasive test for the detection of Covid-19
- In the footsteps of Armand-Frappier - What is the very long-term effectiveness of BCG in preventing tuberculosis?
- Traditional and artificial intelligence for the analysis of environmental observations from the CAIMAN network
- Research chair MALAMUTE - Emerging viral diseases : Multidisciplinary and intersectoral approach
- Preclinical development of innovative inhibitors of SARS-Cov-2 and West Nile virus
- Research chair in Modelling the Links between Climate Change, Food Security and Public Health in Quebec
These eight new initiatives are in addition to the nine projects that are already under discussion between the Foundation’s team and the business and philanthropic communities. These new projects are likely to enable INRS to increase its impact and to further its mission of contributing to the development of society. Many of them respond to the many challenges raised by the current pandemic or are linked to a green, inclusive and prosperous recovery.
Over the next few weeks, the Foundation’s team will be working with proposers to refine the marketing aspects of the initiatives in order to present them to prospective donors.
Once again, we thank all those who have proposed projects for their leadership and confidence.
If you have any questions about the Impulsion INRS program or any of these new initiatives, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The next call for Impulsion INRS projects will be launched shortly and will close on December 1st. Stay tuned!