Call for nominations
Three director positions to be filled on the INRS Foundation Board of Directors
The INRS Foundation is seeking to recruit three individuals to complete its Board of Directors, which is composed of ten business and philanthropic leaders and three INRS representatives. Together, these thirteen individuals guide and support the Foundation's efforts to ensure its successful deployment and to foster growth and sustainability.
- Strong interest in promoting the mission of the Foundation and, by extension, of INRS.
- Credibility and influence through a strong professional network and a commitment to open doors to support partnerships and fundraising.
- Demonstrate integrity, sound judgment, vision and motivation.
- Experience in board governance and management.
- Understanding of non-profit issues and the imperatives of research institutions, philanthropy and fundraising.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex problems and formulate solutions, sound and thoughtful advice.
- Constructive, open-minded attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Respect for the organization's staff and contribution to its development.
- Availability and commitment to actively participate, on a voluntary basis, in the work of the Board of Directors and the activities of the Foundation.
Specific characteristics, skills and experience
Together, the Board members provide the diversity, credibility, and depth that our various stakeholders expect in the governance of the Foundation. The skills and experience sought for the two candidates include the following qualifications:
- Finance, accounting or asset management and investments (for at least one position).
- Communications, public relations or marketing (for at least one position).
- Diversified and extensive business network in the National Capital Region (an asset).
- Knowledge and network relevant to the development of training, research and knowledge transfer on the theme of rurality in Charlevoix (an asset).
- You can bring a new perspective, particularly because of your membership in a cultural community or other minority group (an asset).
The Foundation's offices are located in Montreal.
The current INRS research and training centers are located in Quebec City, Varennes, Laval and Montreal. Joint research units of INRS in collaboration with other institutions of the Université du Québec network are located in Chicoutimi, Gatineau, Trois-Rivières, Rimouski and Val-d'Or.
Requirements and commitment
The Board meets four times a year and has three standing committees: the Governance and Ethics Committee, the Audit and Finance Committee and the Development and Outreach Committee. These committees are supported by the Executive Director and members of her team. They meet approximately four times a year.
Meetings of the Board and its committees are generally two hours in length followed by an in camera session. Meetings are held at 4:30 p.m. Committee meetings may be held during office hours or at the end of the day, depending on availability.
The Foundation also holds an Annual General Meeting of its members in August, hosted by the Board Chair. The meeting lasts approximately one hour. Directors are elected from the membership for a two (2) year term and must attend.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest by July 30, 2022 to email@example.com (the application period has been extended).
We will review the applications and invite the successful candidates to a video conference or in-person meeting. We aim to recruit in June and present the three candidates at our Annual General Meeting, scheduled for Wednesday August 31, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those whose profile best meets the requirements outlined.