What are your dreams for the future? We invite the INRS community to submit funding applications for research initiatives that will increase INRS’s contribution to Quebec’s economic, social, and cultural development.
In accordance with the INRS’s policy on accepting donations, only projects that have been reviewed and approved by the qualification committee will be included in the Foundation’s project portfolio. Projects will be assessed for their funding potential based on the commitment of the project initiators and their ability to put forward a solid rationale setting out clear and direct benefits for society.
Call for proposals
The Foundation’s first call for proposals ended on November 30, 2020. Nine initiatives were selected by the qualification committee.
This year, proposals are accepted:
- Until June 1st, 2021 (to be considered a the June qualification committee meeting), and
- Until December 1st, 2021 (to be considered a the December qualification committee meeting).
The next call for projects will open this fall, for initiatives to be filed by December 1st.
Aside from assessing the philanthropic potential of the initiatives, the qualification of proposals will be based on the following criteria:
- convergence of the proposed project with the strategic plan and the institutional scientific program of INRS (mission, vision, values and strategic axes);
- structuring effect of the project for INRS (with regard to our programs, centers or community);
- scientific relevance of the project (scientific value of the project and the researcher's academic file);
- social, economic or cultural relevance of the project;
- anticipated benefits for communities (mobilization and transfer of knowledge);
- potential impact on recruitment, retention and student success; and
- possibility or not of alternative financing to the project.
Prior to submitting your file, please ensure that the proposal form, the budget and the centre’s letter of support provide the information required to assess each of these aspects.